Trademark & Copyright
What We Do
Intellectual property is one of those areas of law that is deceptively complex. For example, a company’s logo can be covered by more than one kind of intellectual property, including both trademark and copyright. We help simplify the complex and empower our clients with knowledge so that they can protect what they’ve worked so hard to create.
CONTACT ESSEX RICHARDS
Protect Your Name, Your Brand & Your Business
A lot rides on a brand, and in today’s competitive business world, yours needs protection. The lawyers of Essex Richards are experienced in protecting your name, your brand and your business. Our attorneys represent clients in a variety of intellectual property matters, including:
- Trademark and copyright, advising, registration, prosecution, and litigation including:
- Counseling clients on choosing a brand name, trademark, slogan or logo
- Filing and defending against trademark and copyright infringement lawsuits
- Obtaining trademark and copyright registrations
- Drafting and responding to cease and desist letters
- Advising clients on whether or not their actions or the actions of their competitors comply with the law
- Drafting of licensing agreements, work for hire agreements, assignments, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, and related intellectual property contracts
- Advising clients on intellectual property in employment matters
- Brand acquisition
- Trademark due diligence
- Drafting of intellectual property contracts
- Counseling and defending trade dress and trade secrets including advising businesses on protecting their proprietary information
- Advising on the rights of owners of non-registered trademarks and copyrights
- Advising clients on their rights and obligations under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Our Experience Crosses Many Industries
Our copyright and trademark lawyers are, most importantly, corporate counselors. We counsel our intellectual property clients on all types of business transactions, as well as litigation when needed. Our experience crosses many industries, including counseling conventional and internet-based retailers operating in market spaces such as natural materials, health and fitness, pharmaceuticals, technology, and novelty items; advising publishers of electronic and traditional media; and representing design firms. Whether an individual, start-up business, family-owned business, or private company, our lawyers are skilled at advising clients how best protect their copyright and trademark interests.
Whether you are an existing business looking to protect what you have already developed or a startup looking for advice on where to begin, Essex Richards can help you. We provide practical strategies for empowering you to protect your brand.
CONTACT ESSEX RICHARDS
Who can help?
How We Helped...
I have had the pleasure of working with Natalie many times over the past 4 years. I have engaged her on many different projects covering a variety of different areas of expertise including securing trademark registrations and the drafting of intellectual property agreements. Natalie has a gift for simplifying the complex, is extremely responsive to all of my communications and stays on top of deadlines.