Bankruptcy Debtor/Creditor Relations
What We Do
We help individuals, families, companies, and business owners who need practical and creative help resolving their financial worries. Every day, we help clients develop and execute the difficult plan to deal with their business creditors, taxing authorities and general unsecured creditors whether it be through liquidation, reorganization or a coordinated workout. Conversely, we assist clients in selecting the best path to collect money owed to them. Our firm prides itself in partnering with our clients, educating them about their options, providing counsel, and working toward the collaborative goals we set together, striving to minimize surprises and maximize results.
Our work includes:
- Asset planning and protection
- Assignments for the benefit of creditors
- Chapter 7: representation of debtors, creditors and trustees
- Chapter 11: representation of debtors, creditors, committees, and trustees
- Chapter 13: representation of debtors and creditors
- Adversary proceeding litigation in prosecuting or defending fraud, recharacterization of debt, discharge and dischargeability objections, and preferential or fraudulent transfers
- Corporate windups and dissolution
- Business/commercial litigation: North Carolina federal and state courts
- Breach of contract, guaranty, warranty
- Business torts
- Fraud and fraudulent transfers
- Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices
- Debt restructuring & workouts
- Substitute trustee services (commercial only)
How We Do It
We navigate the unimaginable through creative, thought provoking solutions. This dedication and innovative thinking when serving our clients allows fellow attorneys, current and former clients, tax and accounting professionals, financial planners, and enrolled agents to regularly refer clients to us. We have strong relationships with tax, accounting and other professionals and, when appropriate, use a team approach to implement solutions.
We are particularly well known in the bankruptcy courts of the Western District of North Carolina and regularly appear in the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina as well as Mecklenburg County courts. Whether working with clients to resolve matters privately, out of court, or representing them in court, we provide thoughtful, straightforward advice and focused, knowledgeable representation.
We are a debt relief agency helping people file for bankruptcy relief under the United States Bankruptcy Code.
Who can help?
How We Helped...
When my business failed, creditors swiftly litigated to enforce my personal guarantee while debtors took advantage of my position by delaying payments and making hardship claims of their own. I've never been under such stress. Hiring Heather to deal with both my creditors and debtors was the best move I could have made. Her knowledge of the law and her demeanor were a Godsend – just what I needed. She represented me in court, and counseled me on my rights as a debtor and how to keep personal property from being liquidated to satisfy creditors. She intervened when creditors attempted to bully me. Just as important, she was cool when I was overwrought. If she hadn't gone into law, her personality would have made her a perfect emergency room doctor.