Our Firm | Essex Richards
We dedicate ourselves to helping our clients and our community. It’s that simple.
Essex Richards offers a 40-year history of serving our community, making us one of the oldest firms in the Charlotte area. Since our doors opened in 1976, our lawyers have provided an unwavering commitment to professional ethics, personal service, and delivering the highest level of legal advice to our clients. Our lawyers dedicate themselves to being more than legal counsel; we have built our firm around the idea that we are here to truly help the clients we represent, because our clients are people, not just cases.
While we offer knowledgeable representation in a number of legal areas, our main practice areas include Bankruptcy and Debtor/Creditor Relations, Business Law, Copyright and Trademark, ERISA and Long-Term Disability, Estate Planning and Administration, Family Law, Labor and Employment, Litigation, Media and First Amendment, Mergers and Acquisitions, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death, and Tax Planning.
In addition to focusing on their legal practices, our lawyers and staff follow the firm’s long tradition of giving back to the community in which they live and work. Whether through pro bono representation, charitable contributions, leadership roles, event sponsorship, or employee participation, Essex Richards supports initiatives that improve the quality of life in our community.
Essex Richards is proud of the way we serve our community, and will continue to make giving back to the community where we live and work not only a priority, but part of the way we do business.
Our lawyers are involved in the following organizations, among others:
- American Red Cross
- Arts and Science Council
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Greater Charlotte
- Catawba Lands Conservancy
- Charlotte Area Fund
- Charlotte Area YMCA
- Charlotte Certified Development Corporation
- Charlotte Museum Mile
- Charlotte Viewpoint
- Council for Children’s Rights
- Dropout Prevention Study Committee
- Easter Seals UCP of North Carolina
- Hands on Charlotte
- Girls on the Run of Charlotte
- Keep Charlotte Beautiful Committee
- Legal Aid of North Carolina
- Legal Services of Southern Piedmont
- The Light Factory
- Metrolina Independent Living Center
- National Patient Advocate Foundation
- North Carolina Humanities Council
- North Carolina Open Government Coalition
- Public Art Commission
- United Cerebral Palsy
- World Cerebral Palsy Alliance
- WFAE 90.7