Essex Richards is seeking energetic, organized, and reliable individual to provide legal and administrative support for several attorneys in their primary practice areas of civil litigation, bankruptcy, and employment law. This person will perform the following tasks and projects:
- Conducting new client intake and management of new and existing clients;
- Preparing, filing and serving pleadings; discovery and legal memoranda in state and federal litigation;
- Managing documents;
- Performing conflict checks;
- Opening, maintaining and closing files;
- Calendaring, time entry and billing;
- Handling incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Answering and scheduling calls; and
- Scheduling meetings and conferences.
Candidates should be highly skilled in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe and be highly organized and willing to work independently to solve problems and complete complex tasks. Professionalism and being a team player are important. Candidates should also have the ability to prioritize new tasks as they come in and strong interpersonal communication skills. The position is currently open.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Word processing, including preparing redline/blackline drafts, editing and formatting court filings, contracts, correspondence, and other documents;
- Assisting with the gathering of information to check for conflicts as to new client matters and opening files;
- Responding to telephone and website inquiries by prospective new clients;
- Maintaining and updating files, calendaring deadlines;
- Closing files and sending letters concluding engagements; preparing closed files for storage, requesting retrieval of closed files from storage, and maintaining stored files log;
- Assisting with the billing process, including time and expense entry, editing and preparing drafts of bills, and sending bills;
- Drafting documents, including correspondences and memorandums;
- Proofreading documents;
- Assisting two or more attorneys in diverse practice areas in managing their clients, litigation, and caseloads; and
- Performing other duties as needed to ensure office efficiency.
- High school diploma or GED; experience in North Carolina state and federal civil litigation (experience with bankruptcy litigation is preferred, but not required);
- Experience with legal research software (Lexis Nexis, West Law, etc.) is preferred but not required;
- Strong organizational, multitasking skills with a desire to be and stay busy in a busy legal practice;
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe;
- Skills and proficiency in interacting with prospective new clients via telephone; and
- Detail-oriented, professional, patient demeanor.
Full-time (40 hours per week); office is open 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday
Interested parties should contact:
Kris Finlon (email@example.com) Phone: 704-377-4300