We are seeking an exceptional legal accountant to join our team. The qualified candidate will have strong knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software, accounts receivable and payable, and financial transaction reports. The position requires management of the monthly client billing process and client inquiries concerning invoicing. This position plays an integral role in the overall success of the firm’s business operations.
· Reconcile general ledgers, prepare financial transaction reports such as income and loss statements, and account reconciliations
· Prepare staff and attorney payroll for Payroll Service, run annual W-2’s and 1099’s, and prepare tax filings for electronic transfer
· Process accounts receivable and accounts payable with daily reconciliations
· Manage attorney time/billing system for pre-billings and monthly client invoicing procedures
· Manage IOLTA trust accounts within NC Bar compliance requirements
· Reconciliations of carrier benefit billings, firm insurance policies, inventory/supplies, etc.
· Coordinate with Firm Administrator on vendor relations matters
· Assist in year-end financial analysis and reporting with CPA
· 5+ years of law firm accounting experience or bookkeeping or related field experience at an accounting firm
· Exceptional knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures
· High-level proficiency in MS Excel, data entry, and accounting software
· Can maintain strict confidentiality when handling financial data
· Outstanding attention to detail, analytical skills, and communication skills with the ability to work accurately and thrive in a high-pressure work environment
· Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
· Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
· Must be self-motivated and self-starter and able to meet deadlines under pressure
We offer a collegial environment, competitive salary, full benefits, and an excellent opportunity for continued professional growth. Please apply at: www.essexrichards.com and include a resume and a cover letter stating your qualifications for this position and why you are interested in working at the law firm of Essex Richards, P.A.
Firm Administrator: 704.377.4300